Following is a list of rules that govern the TCR List. Please read carefully, as it is required that all members of the list read, understand fully and comply with these rules.
Thank you for making our list a good place to commune with our colleagues.
Rules of the Posting to the TCR List
1. SUBJECT LINE: Full name of agency/company and its physical location (at
least the country). CHANGE SUBJECT LINE IF YOU CHANGE SUBJECT OF EMAIL.
2. MESSAGE BODY: Please include ALL the identifying information you have
about this agency. It shall be required to provide at least one positive
and unique identifier, such as a physical address, or telephone number as
well as the full name of the Agency. PLEASE NOTE: Please make the effort
to obtain AS MUCH information as possible on an agency and include all of
the information you find or have in your query.
For example, if you have an email address, often the section following
the "@" will be the domain name of the company. If you take this domain
and combine it with http://www.+domain name, you can usually find the URL
of the web site belonging to the agency or company.
In the event you ONLY have one unique identifier and CANNOT find any
other information, please send your query with the unique identifier and an
explanation that you could not find additional information.
3. RESPONSES: First and foremost, please make sure that you read the Query
CAREFULLY before responding. Both positive and negative feedback can be
damaging, and is unfair, if provided for the wrong agency. We must be
careful and responsible in providing feedback. This is so important that
laws have been established against it. It is called libel. We don't want
to be guilty of libel.
4. DISCUSSION: If you wish to engage in discussion, please do so on the Yahoo list
which is now used for that purpose. If you do not belong to the TCR Yahoo list, send an
email to email@example.com. Please be aware that only members with
a year membership may join the chat group.
5. FEEDBACK: Please feel free to contact me with any ideas or suggestions
for our new list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. THANK YOU'S, ME TOO'S AND PATS ON BACK: These kinds of messages are
discouraged and usually will not be posted to the general body of the
list. Please contact people individually and privately for these issues.
7. VIRUS WARNINGS: Although I know these warnings are very well meaning, they are
often hoaxes without the sender being aware of this. Also, each individual should be
responsible for keeping their anti-virus software up to date, and use precaution when
opening attachments. Therefore these messages are not necessary and will not be
posted to the TCR List.
8. SLANDER: The Moderator(s) reserve(s) the right to reject any message that
could be construed as slanderous or prejudicial. All decisions of the
Moderator(s) are final.
9. REPLYING: Please make an effort to clip off the trailing messages
when you reply. Replies with pertinent information from one trailing
message is acceptable, but if 5 people reply then there are 5 messages in
When in doubt delete the message replied to. It is really better to
delete the entire message you are replying to, because if the SUBJECT LINE
is correct, then others may refer to the thread if they so desire. Please
try to avoid leaving messages on the bottom of your message at all costs,
as many of our members are paying for every second they are on the
Internet and unnecessarily long messages cost these listmates MONEY!
Let's be considerate.
10. FLAMING: Any flame wars shall be nipped in the bud by the Moderator and
will not be tolerated. Anyone guilty of flaming a member(s) on or off this
list will be unsubscribed and banned from joining again.
11. MODERATOR: The Moderator reserves the right to make decisions
regarding the operation of this list and its members. All decisions made
by the Moderator are final.
12. LANGUAGE OF THE LIST: English shall be the language of the list. If
English is not your native language or if you feel uncomfortable with
English, just do the best you can. No one will criticize you.
13. SIGNATURE: All messages must be signed by the person making the
query. Initials instead of a name are not acceptable as a signature.
14. DISCUSSION OF RATES CHARGED FOR TRANSLATION SERVICES:
Translation rates are not discussed on this list.
15. FORWARDING OF MESSAGES OR USING THE LIST AS A THREAT:
Forwarding messages posted to the list, using the list as a threat to clients,
referring to any information regarding an agency or company to that agency
or company, or reporting the content of a message sent to the members of the
TCR list to anyone who is not a member of the TCR List is strictly prohibited. Any
member who does so will be in danger of permanently losing their membership
to this list.
16. REQUESTING FOR INFORMATION OFF LIST: The TCR List does not encourage
sharing information only off list, and will not post any messages that contain a request to
be contacted off list. Keep in mind that while sharing information off list may be informative
to one person, the purpose of our list is to share information with the entire membership
of TCR, not just one person.
17. NON-TRANSFERABLE MEMBERSHIP: The membership you
receive to the TCR List is non-transferable. Anyone attempting to
transfer their membership will cause that membership to be lost entirely.
No fees will be refunded, not in this case nor in any other.
18. LEGAL MATTERS: This list is governed by the laws of the State of
Arizona in the United States of America. Jurisdiction over matters concerning
this list ends at the borders of said state of Arizona in the United States of
America. No other law of any other state or land or country or government
shall be applicable to this list and/or its moderator(s).
19. POWERS OF THE MODERATOR(S)/OWNER(S): The powers/privileges of the
moderator(s)/owner(s) of this list as described in these rules shall apply to the TCR-D
Yahoo list and to the TCR List hosted by webelists.com.
20. TACIT AGREEMENT: All members of the TCR or TCR-D list tacitly agree to
the above upon subscription. All members agree to read, understand, respect
and follow these rules or be subject to removal from the list. If you feel you cannot
follow these rules or agree to the stipulations herein, please cancel your subscription.